View More Images
Guardian Alert 911
List Price: $179.95
Price: Starting at $149.95
|Add Battery Backup and Save $$$:||
The Guardian Alert 911 (formerly called DesignTech 911 Guardian Phone) enables you to call 911 in an emergency situation, (accident, fall, illness, or danger) and speak directly to the emergency 911 operator without needing to be near a phone. This emergency alert device requires no monthly subscription, no service fees, and no contracts as it works on any standard phone line with 911 service. Consider a Battery Backup unit
below for operation during a power outage in an emergency. Limited time special offer.
Talk directly to a 911 emergency operator at the push of a button. Guardian Alert 911 requires no monthly subscription or service fee. Guardian Alert 911 works just like a cordless phone on any standard phone line with 911 service and tone dialing. It can be comfortably worn around the neck, on your belt with the belt clip, or carried in a pocket at all times. To avoid accidental activation, the activation button is recessed and must be depressed for a minimum of 1/2 second to turn the phone on. Great for babysitters, woodworkers, singles and senior citizens. Read our review of the Guardian Alert vs. Telemergency Pro.
Watch Guardian Alert 911 Video to learn more.
|How It Works:|
- In an emergency, press the activation button on the Guardian Alert 911. The pendant immediately calls 911. Within seconds, you speak directly with the 911 operator through the Guardian Alert 911.
- No charging necessary. Replaceable AAA alkaline battery (included) in the pendant lasts up to 1 year in standby or for up to 30 minutes of talk time.
- Requires optional Battery Backup #30912 for operation during a power outage - Provides up to 24 hours of standby power to the Guardian Alert 911 base station during a power outage.
- No monitoring fees, no services charges, and no contracts ever.
- Pendant is splash resistant.
- System test and battery test functions
- Voice confirmations during dialing, shutdown, system test, and battery test.
- Included duplex jack allows a second phone to be used on the same phone outlet.
- Connect base station to any phone outlet and electrical outlet in your home.
- Install included AAA alkaline battery into pendant.
- Size of Pendant: 3.9 inches high (top to bottom), 1.9 inches wide (left to right), and 0.75 inches thick (front to back)
- Operating Frequency: 900 MHz
- Range: 600 feet (183 meters), line-of-sight, when worn around the neck
- Battery Life: Up to 1 year standby or up to 30 minutes talk time
- FCC and DOC approved. ETL listed.
- Splash resistant to JIS 6 standard
- Pendant Weight (with battery): ~3oz.
- Base Unit
- Belt Clip
- AC Adapter for base unit
- 6 Foot Phone Cord for base station
- AAA Alkaline Battery
- Phone Cord
- Screw Driver
- Lanyard with Quick Detachment Clip
- Line Splitter
- Instruction Manual
- One Year Limited Warranty
- Availability: Typically ships within 24 hours
- Brand new product
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the Guardian Alert 911 work?
It is very simple. You just push the blue button on the wearable pendant and you can speak directly to a 911 operator from anywhere in or around the home. You do not need to use your regular telephone.
- Does the Guardian Alert 911 use Cellular Service?
No! The Guardian Alert 911 uses your home phone line. It does not require the use of cellular service.
- Do you have to be near a base station for 911 to hear you?
No! Because the Guardian Alert 911 is the world's smallest cordless speakerphone, you can speak directly to an operator instantly from anywhere in or around the home. This is the only product that allows you to speak from ANYWHERE in your home, not just within 50 feet of a speakerphone. The pendant range is up to 600 feet in a free-space environment! It will cover large homes and even a short distance outside your home.
- Are there any monthly charges or contracts?
Absolutely Not! There are no monthly charges, no monitoring fees, no contracts, ever. You purchase the Guardian Alert 911 and it is yours to keep and use forever.
- Is Guardian Alert 911 water resistant?
Yes, the Guardian Alert 911 can be used in the shower even though we don't recommend it as a normal practice.
- What happens if I am unable to speak?
If you are unable to speak, the Guardian Alert 911 can still give the 911 operator your location by utilizing a caller ID function. Because of this enhanced 911 system, you can feel even safer that your location is known even before you speak.
- How do I install the Guardian Alert 911?
The Guardian Alert 911 is extremely simple to install. You just plug it into your existing phone line/jack or additional data output found on some newer phones.
4/30/2008 2:46 PM
I ORDERED THIS MODEL BECAUSE OF THE THE DISTANCE IT WILL REACH. NOW MY MOTHER CAN WORK IN HER FLOWERS AND STILL BE ABLE TO REACH 911 IF SHE NEEDS TOO.
4/12/2008 2:53 PM
I purchased this for my 91 year old mother, who lives alone. It is the perfect emergency assistant. It has a 500 ft range and is easy to setup and use. No monthly fees. Great product.
1/22/2008 5:08 PM
I am 75 years old and live alone. Having Guardian 911 makes me feel very safe and secure. The pendant gives me immediate access to help no matter where I am in my home.
Guardian Alert 911
6/5/2007 12:43 PM
I just ordered mine today, so have not seen nor could I have used it, but from reading & comparing with all others this is the best for me. I am 82 yrs old & live alone. After heart surgery last December I was looking for a good reliable alert just in case! I know the 911 people personally here in our town & talked with them & they agreed with me. Thank you for your consideration!_ I. Clark
The Ultimate Protection?
11/20/2007 3:24 PM
This product absolutely rocks!
I purchased one through Cordlessworkz for my 86 year old mom after researching several alternatives (many charge a monthly fee).
One week after she received "Gordy" as she calls it, a large potted plant fell, knocked my mom down and pinned her to the ground. Mom pushed the button and was able to speak directly to the 9-1-1 operator and describe her situation along with her exact location in her back yard and how paramedics could locate her (without bashing in a door).
Now here's the magic part. She was outdoors at the time but was still able to speak with the operator. Had she been using one of the 'fee based' pendants with only a push button paramedics would have arrived but they wouldn't have known what her problem was or where to find her. With the button type the person calling for emergency services has to be fairly close to the base unit to speak with the operator. Outdoors? No way.
There is one downside to the Guardian 911 compared to the simple button pendant. It's slightly larger and a couple of ounces heavier due to the built in speaker/microphone. I think the tradeoff is worth the extra weight. Mom just carries 'Gordo' in her pocket rather than around her neck.
|Why Buy from|
1. Low Prices.
2. FREE Shipping.
3. Easy Returns.